Trusthouse Charitable Foundation - Major Grants
Trusthouse gives grants for running costs or one-off capital costs to charities and not-for-profit organisations under the overarching themes are Rural Issues and Urban Deprivation. Rural communities will have a population of under 10,000 and be based in a remote, rural, economically deprived area where there are few local facilities, transport may be an issue, incomes are low and there are limited opportunities for fundraising. Typical projects are village halls, projects for young and older people and community transport. Urban areas will have a population of more than 10,000. Projects must be based in areas of extreme urban deprivation and your postcode must be ranked within the most deprived 20% of the latest Index of Multiple Deprivation. Local issues are likely to include multigenerational unemployment, poor educational attainment, poor quality and overcrowded housing, tensions between different generations and/or ethnic communities, a culture of low aspirations and achievement. Within the overarching themes, they are interested in projects which fall roughly into two categories: Community Support; Arts, Education & Heritage.
- When to apply:
- This is a rolling programme and you can apply at any time.
- Next deadline:
No deadline date
- Charities only:
No funder email
020 7264 4990
- How to apply
- Complete the eligibility check on the website. If you are eligible, you will be asked to create an account and directed to the appropriate on-line application form.
- Organisations with an annual income of over £500,000. See the guidance for a full list of exclusions.
Fund award sizes
No average provided
- Annually awarded:
No anually awarded amount provided
- Notes on award amounts:
- Major grants fund single or multi-year grants between £7,500 and £20,000 and capital grants between £7,500 and £60,000 for one-off capital costs, where the total project cost does not exceed £2M.
- Arts and Cultural Activities
- Community and capacity building
- Community facilities
- Community transport
- General charitable activities
- Heritage/ building preservation
- Organised Sport
- Economically/socially disadvantaged
- Isolated socially
- Living in poverty
- Living in rural areas
- Natural Environment
- Older people
- The local community
- Young people