National Churches Trust - Gateway Grants
The Gateway Grants Programme offers grants to places of worship for costs towards developing a church building project such as feasibility studies, options appraisals, professional fees, surveys and other development costs up to RIBA Planning Stage 1. The aim is to help churches develop appropriate, high quality, well researched projects before approaching a major grant funder. They prioritise applications that can demonstrate strong community engagement and sound plans for economic viability.
- When to apply:
- 2019 deadlines are midnight on 10 January 2019 for a decision in March 2019. Subsequent deadlines are 9 May (for a decision in July 2019) and 12 September (for a decision in November 2019).
- Next deadline:
09 May 2019
- Charities only:
020 7222 0605
- How to apply
- First take the eligibility test and then apply online.
- Buildings that are not open to the public for more than 100 days per year. See the website for other exclusions.
Fund award sizes
No average provided
- Annually awarded:
No annually awarded amount provided
- Notes on award amounts:
- Grants will never exceed 50% of the project cost.
- Heritage and building preservation
- Recreation and social activities
- Religious activities
- Religious and belief groups
- Local communities