SUEZ Communities Trust - Scottish Landfill Communities Fund
SUEZ Communities Trust provides funds to undertake work that is eligible under the Scottish Landfill Communities Fund (SLCF). Applications are considered for the five main areas of work: Land Reclamation (Object A) - The reclamation, remediation, restoration or other operation on land to facilitate economic, social or environmental use; Community Recycling (Object B) - Community based recycling, re-use and waste prevention projects; Public Amenities (Object C) - To provide, maintain or improve an amenity that is used primarily for leisure and recreation. The amenity must be open to all sections of the community for at least 104 days a year; Biodiversity (Object D) - The conservation of biodiversity through the provision, conservation, restoration or enhancement of a natural habitat or the maintenance or recovery of a species in its natural habitat; Historic Buildings, Structures or Sites (Object E) - The maintenance, repair or restoration of a building, other structure or a site of archaeological interest which is a place of religious worship, or a site of historic or architectural or archaeological interest and is open to the public. Places of religious worship must Grade A listed.
- When to apply:
- A stage one application can be submitted at any time. If the stage one application meets the core eligibility criteria you will be invited to submit a stage two application within 12 weeks.
- Next deadline:
No deadline date
- Charities only:
- How to apply
- Stage one applications can be submitted at any time. If the stage one application meets the core eligibility criteria you will be invited to submit a stage two application within 12 weeks.
- Projects under objects C, D and E are only eligible for funding if the project site is within 10 miles of a landfill site or transfer station. A request for funding for salaries, running costs, project management or design fees will not be considered. This fund lists a large number of other exclusions: check the website for details.
Fund award sizes
No minimum provided
No average provided
- Annually awarded:
- Notes on award amounts:
- The Smaller Projects Fund is for awards between £1 and £20,000 with projects costs of no more that £40,000. The Primary Fund is for awards between £1 and £50,000 with project cost no more than £250,000. The annual total is for Scotland.
- Community facilities
- Environmental Projects
- Heritage/ building preservation
- Recreation and social activities
- General public
- Natural Environment
- The local community
- Third sector organisations