Woodward Charitable Trust - Children's Summer Playscheme Grants
Funding for summer playschemes for children between the ages of 5-16 years. Preference is given to: small local playschemes that provide a wide-ranging programme of activities, schemes that involve a large number of children, schemes catering for those from disadvantaged backgrounds or that have a disability, schemes that are inclusive such as projects that work with children from a range of backgrounds, abilities and race, schemes where past users are encouraged to come back and help as volunteers. Trustees only fund programmes that run for a minimum of 2 weeks or 10 days across the summer holidays.
- When to apply:
- The Trustees will meet in May to award grants for summer play schemes that take place in July and August 2019. The application deadline is 5 April 2019.
- Next deadline:
05 Apr 2019
- Charities only:
020 7410 0330
- How to apply
- Trustees only consider appeals made on their own application form and every section must be completed including the Statement of Financial Activities. Applications are available on the website.
- Trustees will not fund: trips that are only social. Trustees prefer to fund trips that are educational and motivational, charities whose annual turnover exceeds £100,000, overseas projects, playgroups, individuals in any capacity, educational fees.
Fund award sizes
- Annually awarded:
- Notes on award amounts:
- No notes on award amounts
- Community facilities
- Recreation and social activities
- Economically/socially disadvantaged
- Young people